Public Management Reform Agenda
The Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act) represents a cultural change in Commonwealth resource management, from a compliance approach to a principles-based framework. Commonwealth entities are encouraged to think differently about how they manage resources. The Act is based on the following principles:
- government should operate as a coherent whole
- a uniform set of duties should apply to all resources handled by Commonwealth entities
- performance of the public sector is more than financial
- engaging with risk is a necessary step in improving performance.
The PGPA Act will be supported by rules and guidance to assist Commonwealth entities to manage public resources.
The following tools are to help Commonwealth entities familiarise with the PGPA Act:
- Draft model resource management instructions (formerly Chief Executive Instructions for FMA Act agencies) – to assist entities to review and update internal controls and procedures before 1 July 2014.
- draft whole-of-government risk management policy for consultation
- FMA roadmap to the PGPA; and CAC roadmap to the PGPA
- PGPA Act Roadmap to the FMA and CAC Acts
- PGPA Act compendium
- Training slides: PGPA Implementation – context for the reforms; PGPA Implementation – key provisions of the Act; and Next steps for Commonwealth entities.
- Introduction to the PGPA Act video
- PGPA Act information poster
|PMRA Newsletter 01 – 7 February 2014||(PDF)||(docx)|
|PMRA Newsletter 02 – 25 February 2014||(PDF)||(docx)|
|PMRA Newsletter 03 – 14 March 2014||(PDF)||(docx)|
|PMRA Newsletter 04 – 3 April 2014||(PDF)||(docx)|
Newsletters will be issued regularly. To subscribe to the PMRA Newsletter, please contact us at email@example.com.